Essay 2: What are your career aspirations? What do you need to learn at Stanford to achieve them?
Essay 3: Answer two of the four questions below. Tell us not only what you did but also how you did it. What was the outcome? How did people respond? Only describe experiences that have occurred during the last three years.
- Option A: Tell us about a time when you built or developed a team whose performance exceeded expectations.
- Option B: Tell us about a time when you made a lasting impact on your organization.
- Option C: Tell us about a time when you generated support from others for an idea or initiative.
- Option D: Tell us about a time when you went beyond what was defined, established, or expected
If there is any other information that is critical for us to know and is not captured elsewhere, please include it. Examples of pertinent additional information include:
- Extenuating circumstances affecting academic or work performance
- Explanation of why you do not have a Letter of Reference from your current direct supervisor or peer
- Explanation of criminal conviction, criminal charges sustained against you in a juvenile proceeding, and/or court-supervised probation
- Explanation of academic suspension or expulsion
- Any other information that you did not have sufficient space to complete in another section of the application (please begin the information in the appropriate section)
- Additional work experience that cannot fit into the space provided
- Additional information about your academic experience (e.g., independent research) not noted elsewhere
Your answers for all of the essay questions cannot exceed 1,800 words.
You have your own story to tell, so please allocate the 1,800 words among all of the essays in the way that is most effective for you. We provide some guidelines below as a starting point, but you should feel comfortable to write as much or as little as you like on any essay question, as long as you do not exceed 1,800 words total.
* Essay 1: 750 words
* Essay 2: 450 words
* Essay 3: 300 words each
* Use a 12-point font, double spaced
* Recommended fonts are Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman
* Indicate which essay question you are answering at the beginning of each essay
* Number all pages
* Upload all four essays as one document
* Preview the uploaded document to ensure that the formatting is true to the original
* Save a copy of your essays